- Join a business where people, clients and the environment come first.
- Join a highly engaged, highly respected team who love working together and learning from each other.
- Join a business that prides itself for diversity and flexibility.
Here at 4Sight Consulting we seek to demonstrate sustainable and environmental excellence and leadership in our wide-ranging projects, and are committed to finding the best people in the industry to help guide the company into the future.
In addition to our existing Asset Owner Asbestos Surveying and Management Projects, 4Sight has been approached by numerous client to assist them with significant portfolio of properties and other infrastructure assets. We are looking for an Asbestos Surveyor and Assessor with the experience and drive to match.
The role is based in our Auckland office, with access to our wider Environmental Risk and Safety Team across the North and South Islands, and other internal specialists (i.e. Contaminated Land Scientists, Ecologists, and Landscape Architects). The role will also involve working closely in collaboration with assets owners and property partners to advise best practice solutions and create positive outcomes.
There will be the support to shape and develop your role in 4Sight in the way that provides both benefit to our clients while enhancing your personal career.
Position Daily Tasks
Asbestos Surveys and Management Plans:
- Collection of Field Data And Samples.
- Chain of Custody of Samples.
- Interpreting Lab Results.
- Writing Asbestos Survey Refurbishment / Demolition and Management Reports
- Writing of Asbestos Removal Plans
- Compiling Asbestos Scopes of Works and Bill of Quantities
- Consultation with Clients to Review, Discuss and Implement Report Findings and Recommendations
3rd party Asbestos Assessments: (Including Mentoring and Managing 4Sight Team Members)
- Onsite Project Auditing & Direction in Accordance with, Regulatory Compliance & Requirements, Including General Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Assurance Air Monitoring.
- Clearance Air Monitoring.
- Visual Clearance.
- Clearance Via Bulk Sampling of Abatement Area's
- Compiling Both Daily and Clearance Report Documentation
General Administration and Business Management:
- General Office Administration and Filing
- Compiling Offers of Service and Assisting in Tender Processes.
- Reviewing Peer Reporting and Mentoring and Guidance to Team Members.
Training & Experience Requirements:
- Quantifiable Experience and Training in Asbestos Surveying and Assessing, Including Knowledge of Asbestos Extraction and Decontamination Processes.
- BOHS IP 402 Asbestos Surveying Qualification (BOHS British Occupational Health & Safety)
- Worksafe Certified Asbestos Assessor with (Australian VET Standard CPCCBC5014A Conduct Asbestos Assessment Associated with Removal or Equivalent)
- In Absence of IP 402 and Assessment Certification, One of the Following Qualifications Would Be Advantageous.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Science, Occupational Hygiene, Occupational Health & Safety or Environmental Health.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Surveying, Construction Management or Quantity Surveying.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Especially Civils / Material.
- Class 1 Drivers License
If you have what it takes, and are interested in working for an established, but still growing New Zealand owned award winning consultancy, contact Chrisco Oelofse by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 022 031 2851 for a confidential discussion.