SAVING TIME AND MONEY BY HELPING TO SEGREGATE CLEAN AND CONTAMINATED SOIL
4Sight helps Transpower and its contractors with soil assessment and disposal options, saving them time and money.
4Sight have assisted Transpower on a number of different projects and on a range of sites. Our work has included:
- Soil sampling and assessment;
- Advising on soil segregation methods to determine which material can be disposed of as cleanfill versus managed fill;
- Statistically analysing soil sample data to demonstrate to authorities that the majority of the soil is actually cleanfill, which saved the client more than $500,000;
- Helping the client to avoid practices that could result in large areas of land being classified as potentially contaminated areas;
- Working with contractors and disposal facilities to find least-cost options for soil management.
When 4Sight worked with the client on their Paraparaumu substation project, we provided a holistic contaminated land service centred around the goal of saving the client money by demonstrating that the majority of the site's soil could, in fact, be classified as cleanfill material.
The nature of the project meant that we had to adopt a reactive, collaborative approach. 4Sight were often asked to provide on-call soil assessment services in advance of substation upgrade or construction operations, and we worked closely with the contractors and disposal facilities to manage soil as cost-effectively as possible.
At the Paraparaumu substation, 4Sight helped the client save over $500,000 by helping to identify and segregate cleanfill from impacted soils, which meant that the majority of the material could be shipped offsite as cleanfill material.
At other sites, we have helped Transpower avoid practices that could result in large areas of land being classified as potentially contaminated areas, thus costing them large amounts of money.
The impressive results we've achieved for Transpower can be attributed to our thorough understanding of consenting and disposal requirements, and our strong working relationships with the contractors and disposal facilities.