WORKING WITH LOCAL GOVERNMENT TO BALANCE SOCIAL, ENVIRONMENTAL AND ECONOMIC OUTCOMES
4Sight has been providing planning and environmental related services to local government clients since 2001, and in doing so has helped to deliver more than $400 million of new public stormwater infrastructure in the Auckland Region.
4Sight has been working on the Auckland City Stormwater Capital Works Programme since 2001. Over the years we have been engaged to:
- Identify RMA-related problems that were hindering progress on new capital works projects;
- Recommend and implement a number of strategies to solve RMA-related problems;
- Prepare standardised resource consent templates;
- Development and implementation of consultation and engagement plans;
- Identify all required permits including those under the RMA (District, Regional and NES), Historic Places Act, Reserves Act etc.
- Acquisition of resource consents, including blanket consents;
- Act as a single point of contact for driving applications through council;
- Represent the client with key authorities and stakeholders;
- Develop and manage service level agreements for iwi consultation;
- Advise on, and investigate, contaminated sites;
- Carry out ecological assessments;
- Deliver specialist reports (through sub-consultants) on archaeological, aboricultural and ecological matters;
- Manage health safety and environmental construction risks and drive best practice through outsourced compliance management services.
Our longstanding and ongoing involvement in the programme speaks for itself. It not only demonstrates our ability to consistently meet consenting time frames, thus allowing construction to proceed as planned, but it also shows our ability to collaborate and work as a team with a large number of different consultancies and contractors.
4Sight's involvement throughout the entire project life cycle has enabled our planners to gain a better understanding of the constraints associated with implementing resource consents and construction works. And as a result, no projects to date have proceeded to a public hearing process or the Environment Court.
Our ongoing success in this sector is due, in no small part, to our understanding of engineering and physical works project delivery. We blend this knowledge with an in-depth understanding of stormwater management, environmental impact assessment, resource consent acquisition and compliance.
The combined skill sets, experience and working relationships we've built up from working on the programme for so many years means we can effectively communicate across the entire Stormwater Programme – from design engineers to compliance officers through to members of the public.
We also recognise that the Council's priority is to ensure that Auckland's ratepayers receive good value for money whilst also balancing the desired environmental, social and economic outcomes. 4Sight help to achieve this by enforcing a working culture of getting things right first time and understanding Council’s business from high-level strategies to their translation through on-the-ground project delivery.